Directory of Certified Personnel
NRCan NDTCB response to COVID-19 situation
With the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the NRCan NDTCB is working to ensure the health and safety of the public and our team members in accordance with all public safety guidelines. We are closely monitoring the situation and will adjust our business practices and client services rapidly as required. We remain at the ready to assist you as best as we can throughout this situation. We will keep you updated on any developments
At this time, certification processing and services are likely to be disrupted, delayed, and/or postponed. Temporary accommodations and extensions relating to initial certifications and renewals/recertifications will be provided for select candidates. Please visit our NDT Certification Body COVID-19 Program Updates page for more information.
This list of NDT personnel, currently certified by NRCan, was produced at NRCan and was accurate on the date shown. Certifications are valid until the listed expiration date. Due to COVID-19, select certificate holders have been granted temporary expiry date extensions. Please read the above notice for details.
The Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body’s (NDTCB’s) Directory of Certified Personnel (PDF, 3.6 MB) lists personnel who hold the following certifications:
- Those who are X-ray fluorescence (XRF) certified analyzer operators based on ISO standard 20807 and Health Canada Safety Code 32
- Those who are certified in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) according to the Canadian General Standards Board Standard CAN/CGSB-48.9712-2014 (ISO 9712:2012, IDT)
During the transition period for the implementation of CAN/CGSB 48.9712-2014, once clients who require recertification are renewed, their certifications are valid until their next NDT certification renewal date.
However, these renewals are issued conditionally, pending the successful completion of the recertification examination process. Candidates who do not complete their recertification examination by the end of their period of validity will not have their certifications renewed.
- This list of NDT personnel, currently certified by NRCan, was produced at NRCan and was accurate on the date shown.
- Certifications are valid until the listed expiration date.
- All candidates who are due for recertification must successfully complete their recertification examination before their next NDT certification renewal date.
To verify the certification status of NDT certified personnel, contact the NRCan National NDT Certification Body.
Understanding the directory
Certification to the above CGSB standard is offered at three levels of certification in the following test areas (abbreviations used in the directory are shown in parentheses):
- Eddy Current Testing (ET)
- Magnetic Testing (MT)
- Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
For all testing methods except radiographic, certifications are in the Engineering, Materials and Components Sector. For Industrial Radiography:
- E = Engineering, Materials and Components Sector
- AS = Aerospace Sector
- A = Light Alloy Castings and Forgings
- W = Welds and Weldments
- C = Heavy Metal Castings and Forgings
Our certification responsibilities
We make every reasonable effort to ensure candidate applications, examination requests, and certification submissions are completed in accordance with our service standard targets. Despite these efforts, there can sometimes be errors, omissions, or delays the NRCan NDTCB is not responsible for any direct and indirect costs, expenses, or delays that may arise.
- Date modified: