NDT certifications that expired December 31, 2018:
The NRCan NDTCB has completed the processing of renewal applications for clients whose certifications expired on December 31, 2018.
Please note: All personnel appearing on the Directory of NDT Certified Personnel are currently certified even though they may not have received their updated certification card from the NRCan NDTCB.
The Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body’s (NDTCB’s) Directory of NDT Personnel (PDF, 6.42 MB) lists personnel who hold the following certifications:
- Those who are X-ray fluorescence (XRF) certified analyzer operators based on ISO standard 20807 and Health Canada Safety Code 32
- Those who are certified in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) according to the Canadian General Standards Board Standard CAN/CGSB-48.9712-2014 (ISO 9712:2012, IDT)
During the transition period for the implementation of CAN/CGSB 48.9712-2014, once clients who require recertification are renewed, their certifications are valid until their next NDT certification renewal date.
However, these renewals are issued conditionally, pending the successful completion of the recertification examination process. Candidates who do not complete their recertification examination by the end of their period of validity will not have their certifications renewed.
- All personnel appearing on the Certified Personnel list are currently certified, even though they may not yet have received their updated certification card from NRCan.
- All candidates who are due for recertification must successfully complete their recertification examination before their next NDT certification renewal date.
To verify the certification status of NDT certified personnel, contact the NRCan National NDT Certification Body.
Understanding the directory
Certification to the above CGSB standard is offered at three levels of certification in the following test areas (abbreviations used in the directory are shown in parentheses):
- Eddy Current Testing (ET)
- Magnetic Testing (MT)
- Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
For all testing methods except radiographic, certifications are in the Engineering, Materials and Components Sector. For Industrial Radiography:
- E = Engineering, Materials and Components Sector
- AS = Aerospace Sector
- A = Light Alloy Castings and Forgings
- W = Welds and Weldments
- C = Heavy Metal Castings and Forgings
Our certification responsibilities
We make every reasonable effort to ensure candidate applications, examination requests, and certification submissions are completed in accordance with our service standard targets. Despite these efforts, there can sometimes be errors, omissions, or delays the NRCan NDTCB is not responsible for any direct and indirect costs, expenses, or delays that may arise.