National Hydro Network (NHN) - 122 new watersheds (WS)
March 19, 2019
Summary: publication of 122 NHN datasets including 31 NHN-CL3 or NHN-CL2 completeness level watersheds.
With the publication of these new watersheds, nearly 10% of watersheds covering Canada has been improved allowing better analysis of hydrological networks. In addition, all territories are now at completeness level NHN-NC3.
- One watershed, "05OE000" has been updated using orthophotos and imagery as part of the project « Lake Winnipeg Basin Initiative »
- One Canada/USA bi-national watersheds were regenerated as part of NHN maintenance work
- 31 watersheds have been improved into NHN-CL2 or NHN-CL3
- 26 watersheds were produced to correct anomalies
- 63 watersheds were regenerated following watershed limits redefinitions.
Maintening NHN is done as part of the GeoBase Surface Water Program (GeEAU).
For more information about the Hydrographic Network Quality, please refer to the Completeness Level.
- Date modified: