The ecoENERGY Innovation Initiative (ecoEII) received funding in Budget 2011, the Next Phase of Canada’s Economic Action Plan, for a comprehensive suite of research and development (R&D) and demonstration projects.
The program’s objective is to support energy technology innovation to produce and use energy in a cleaner and more efficient way.
This Initiative is a key component of the Government of Canada’s actions to achieve real emissions reductions, while maintaining Canada’s economic advantage and its ability to create jobs for Canadians.
The ecoEII will also help in the search for long-term solutions to reducing and eliminating air pollutants from energy production and use.
Activities funded under ecoEII are in five strategic priority areas:
- Energy Efficiency
- Clean Electricity and Renewables
- Electrification of Transportation
- Unconventional Oil and Gas
The Initiative consists of two separate funding streams:
- R&D projects
- demonstration projects
Both were launched in August 2011.
Following a rigorous review and due diligence process successful proposals have been selected and proponents invited to sign a contribution agreement.
The ecoEII Program has established the following service standards:
Request for Project Proposal process:
- Acknowledgement of receipt of expression of interest – 2 business days
- Acknowledgement of receipt of proposal - 2 business days
- Decision on initial eligibility of project proposal – 15 weeks
- Applicants notified of start of due diligence process after decision on initial eligibility of project proposal– 10 business days
- Decision on whether the proposal will receive funding, including the due diligence process – 6 months
- Preparation of a contribution agreement once due diligence is completed - 14 weeks
Amendments to a Contribution Agreement:
- Completion of an amendment to a contribution agreement following a request for an amendment of a contribution agreement – 14 weeks
- Issuing payment based on final and complete supporting information such as invoice and other documentation - 30 business days
- Issuing release of holdback based on final and complete supporting information - 30 business days
General Inquiries (starting June 2016):
Responses to requests for information through the e-mail address - 5 business days
- Date Modified: