Governor-in-Council and Ministerial Appointments
NRCan Portfolio Governor-in-Council (GiC) Appointment Opportunities
A Governor-in-Council appointment is one made by the Governor General, on the advice of the Queen’s Privy Council of Canada (i.e., the Cabinet). The appointments are made through an Order in Council (OIC) and range from heads of agencies and chief executive officers of Crown corporations to members of quasi-judicial tribunals.
Candidates can register and create their account for GIC appointment applications here. Once the account has been created, candidates will then be able to apply to opportunities when they are posted on the GIC Appointments website.
- Chief Executive Officer, Canada Energy Regulator
- Director, Board of Directors, Canada Energy Regulator
- Commissioner (full-time), Commissioner (part-time), Canada Energy Regulator
- Member of the Board (Federal), Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board
- Permanent Member, Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
NRCan Portfolio Ministerial Appointment Opportunities
A Ministerial appointment is made directly by the Minister. Interested candidates can apply to opportunities following the instructions in the Ministerial appointment notice.
- Date modified: