COVID-19 information for NRCan employees
Covid Covid-19 COVID COVID19 COVID 19 Covid19 Corona Coronavirus
All employees should continue to work from home until further notice, with the exception of those supporting critical services or COVID-19 priority matters that are related to our NRCan mandate which cannot be performed remotely. Everyone should be practising physical (social) distancing. Even if you do not have symptoms of COVID-19, you could become infected by others.
At NRCan, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. We are engaging internally and with other departments to provide you with the most up-to-date information and procedures as possible.
Working at NRCan during COVID-19
Find out more about flexible work arrangements, leave options, and emergency notifications.
Re-entry to the workplace
Read the most up-to-date information and procedures as we begin to think about the transition back to the workplace.
Managing employees during COVID-19
Access the latest updates and manager’s guide with information on leave, hiring, and more.
Current situation on COVID-19
Get the latest updates on the outbreak, health advice, safety and financial support.
Travel restrictions and exemptions
See more on the status of work-related travel at NRCan and current global travel advisories.
Your mental health
If you are feeling nervous or distressed about this situation, we encourage you to:
- learn more about mental health in the workplace during COVID-19 (PDF, 484 KB)
- speak with your manager
- contact the Employee Assistance Program available 24/7 at 1-800-268-7708 (TTY: 1-800-567-5803).
Get more tips on how to deal with COVID-19 in the workplace and learn about the support available to you.
Find out more about COVID-19
The Public Health Agency of Canada has been working with international partners, including the World Health Organization, provincial and territorial counterparts, and other federal departments and agencies to monitor and respond to this evolving situation.
- Occupational Health Advisory: COVID-19 - March 15, 2020 (PDF, 488 KB)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF, 712 KB) – March 15, 2020
- Health Canada: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak update
- Follow Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam for up-to-date information.
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
- Information for Government of Canada employees: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Questions or additional information on COVID–19
- Date modified: