A forward regulatory plan is a public list or description of anticipated regulatory changes or actions that a department intends to bring forward or undertake in a specified time frame. It is intended to give consumers, business, other stakeholders and trading partners greater opportunity to inform the development of regulations and to plan for the future. It should be noted that this forward regulatory plan will be adjusted and updated over time as Natural Resources Canada’s operating environment also changes over time.
This plan provides information on planned and potential regulatory initiatives that Natural Resources Canada expects to bring forward over the next two years. It also identifies public consultation opportunities and a departmental contact point for each regulatory initiative.
- Energy Sector
- Office of Energy Efficiency
- Petroleum Resources Branch
- Explosive Safety and Security Branch
- Surveyor General Branch – Geomatic Canada
- Forward Regulatory Plan: National Energy Board
- Forward Regulatory Plan: Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission