The Indigenous Natural Resource Partnerships (INRP) program is a $6-million one-year initiative to increase Indigenous economic participation in infrastructure projects that have a direct link to oil and gas activities in B.C. and Alberta.
We are funding Indigenous-led projects that:
- enhance the capacity of Indigenous communities to capitalize on business opportunities
- facilitate access for Indigenous communities and organizations to resources
- support community and regional engagement
Supporting Indigenous participation in energy infrastructure projects
Up to $50,000
Up to $500,000
Regional and multi-regional projects are meant to encourage collaboration among Indigenous communities and/or organizations with memberships in B.C. and/or Alberta.
Preference may be given to projects that will be completed by March 31, 2020.
To submit a proposal or receive more information on eligibility requirements and assessment criteria:
Who can apply?
- Indigenous communities and governments such as Indian Act bands, tribal councils, self-governing First Nations and Métis organizations
- National and regional Indigenous organizations
- Indigenous (majority-owned and -controlled by Indigenous people) not-for-profit corporations, businesses, joint ventures, partnerships, associations, co-operatives and institutions.