If you manufacture, import, export, purchase, provide, distribute for sale, transport, or sell products containing or made from any of the following restricted components, you must comply with Part 20 of the Explosives Regulations, 2013:
- ammonium nitrate in solid form at a concentration of at least 28% nitrogen,
- hydrogen peroxide at a concentration of at least 30%,
- nitric acid at a concentration of at least 75%,
- nitromethane, UN number 1261,
- potassium chlorate, UN number 1485,
- potassium perchlorate, UN number 1489,
- sodium chlorate in solid form, UN number 1495,
- potassium nitrate, UN number 1486,
- sodium nitrate in solid form, UN number 1498, and
- potassium nitrate and sodium nitrate mixture, UN number 1499.
To prevent illegitimate purposes of restricted components, read the regulatory reminders of Part 20 of the Explosives Regulations, 2013, which highlight the requirements on storage, sale, access and inventory of restricted components.
Users and Transporters
Learn about the rules governing users of restricted components and what components are considered restricted.
- Read the Ammonium Nitrate Security Plan Guideline
- Download the Annual Inventory Report for Ammonium Nitrate (PDF, 81,04 KB)
- Find the necessary forms for manufacturing, selling, transporting, exporting, importing, storing, and using explosives
- Chemicals of Concern – Regulating the Sale of Restricted Components
- Date modified: