Language selection


Visitors to Canada

Out of country technicians may assist certified technicians who assume all responsibility for the show set–up.  A visiting technician can obtain a Fireworks Operator Certificate – Visitor upon submission of proof of competence. 

You can apply for a Visitor Certificate online using the NRCan Electronic Licence Management System (eLMS). Once you have completed your enrollment in eLMS you will proceed to the My Personal Licences, Permits and Certificate link to apply for a Fireworks Operator Certificate (Visitor – Pyrotechnician or Visitor – Display).   If you want to send the application instead by mail, please contact the Explosives Regulatory Division for instructions.

To apply online you will need:

  • Your work resume
  • The list of the planned fireworks/pyrotechnics displays in Canada and their dates and the name, contact information and the number of the fireworks operator certificate of the Canadian supervisor in charge at each fireworks/pyrotechnics display
  • A digital photo showing a full front view of your head and shoulders. Use a plain, contrasting background without shadows. No hats. The photos should be recent – taken within the last 12 months
  • A way to pay (VISA, MasterCard, American Express or you can choose the option to pay later and send a certified cheque or money order)
Report a problem on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: