Information Archived on the Web
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
Report on Plans and Priorities 2011-2012
Electronic Layer of Reporting
Elements of NRCan's Sustainable Development Strategy
FSDS Theme I - Addressing Climate Change and Air Quality
FSDS Goal 2- Air Pollution
Minimize the threats to air quality so that the air Canadians breathe is clean and supports healthy ecosystems.
FSDS Target 2.1 - Air Pollutants
Reduce air pollutants in order to maintain or improve air quality across the country and achieve the emission targets which are currently under development in consultations with provinces and stakeholders.
FSDS Implementation Strategies - Natural Resources Canada Contributions
Below you will find the list of FSDS Implementation Strategies, under Target 2.1 - Air Pollutants, for which NRCan is solely or jointly responsible. By clicking any of the links below, you will find detailed information on the NRCan activities that contribute to that FSDS Implementation Strategy.
Clean Air Regulatory Agenda
- 2.1.2 Undertake scientific research and reporting in support of regulatory and other programs delivered, including data analysis, inventory development, monitoring, modeling, and assessment of the effectiveness of efforts as well as research on options, costs and benefits including economic and social and technology assessments. (EC, NRCan, HC, TC)
- 2.1.11 Work on energy-efficiency regulations for consumer and commercial products. (NRCan)
- 2.1.16 ecoACTION programs reduce GHG emissions and can directly or indirectly contribute to air pollutant emission reduction. (NRCan, TC, INAC)
- 2.1.17 Finance projects that would, among other things, help to optimize resource use, valuing residual resources, and contribute to eco-efficiency. (DEC, NRCan)
- 2.1.19 The Atlantic Energy Gateway initiative aims to facilitate development of the Atlantic renewable energy sector by fostering collaboration, common understanding, and communication among governments and the private sector, to maximize and expedite the development of renewable energy sources in the region. (ACOA, NRCan)