Procurement and Contracting in Natural Resources Canada
Invoicing Instructions to Suppliers
All invoices submitted to Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) must include the following information for processing
- Invoice date
- Invoice number
- Amount due (required currency specified)
- If prepaid by credit card, ensure that the invoice clearly indicated “Paid by Credit Card”
- Valid NRCan reference number (normally the purchase order number). This number is 10 numeric digits long or 9 alphanumeric digits
Each submitted invoice should contain only one NRCan reference number. If you are unsure which NRCan reference number to include on your invoice, please contact the departmental representative listed on the purchase order or contract
Should any of the information required for processing the payment be missing, the supplier’s invoice will be returned at the discretion of NRCan and will remain unpaid until valid payment referencing is provided.
All invoices must be submitted using one of the following methods (only one copy of the invoice should be sent to the department):
1) Email (preferred method):
- Departmental contact (project authority) identified in the contract can be cc’d on the email.
- Suppliers are required to use PDF file format, as other formats are not compatible with and are not recognized by our systems.
- PDF file name should not contains sign such as #, $, % etc.
- Only one invoice per PDF file can be recognized by our systems (an email can contain multiple PDF attachments). All supporting documents should be included within the invoice PDF file.
- An automatic reply will be sent as notification that their e-mail has been received (and should be kept for reference on any later payment inquiries).
- This e-mail address is to be used only for submitting invoices. Inquiries regarding payment status should be sent by e-mail to: NRCan.invoice_payment_centre-invoice_payment_centre.RNCan@canada.ca
613-947-0987 (in the National Capital Region)
- Suppliers sending invoices by fax are required to use the highest quality settings available, as low quality copies will not be accepted as valid for payment processing. The Invoice is required to be the first page and any supporting documents on the following pages. No fax cover sheet is required.
- This fax number is to be used only for submitting invoices. Inquiries regarding payment status should be sent by e-mail to: NRCan.invoice_payment_centre-invoice_payment_centre.RNCan@canada.ca
Note: NRCan can no longer accept invoices by courier or regular mail. We appreciate your willingness to support our Green Initiative.
- Date modified: