Amendments to Canada’s Energy Efficiency Regulations (the Regulations) typically follow this public consultation process.
- Notice of Intent is published in the Canada Gazette (the official newspaper of the Government of Canada) indicating Natural Resources Canada’s intent to proceed with the development of an amendment to the Regulations.
- Pre-consultation: technical bulletins and webinars are posted on the Natural Resources Canada website.
- Pre-publication: proposed regulation is published in the Canada Gazette, Part I for a public comment period.
- Publication: final version, including revisions and effective dates, is published in the Canada Gazette, Part II.
Current regulatory proposals
Amendment 17 – Under Development- See Forward Regulatory Plan
Forward Regulatory Plan
NRCan publishes a Forward Regulatory Plan that outlines amendments under consideration.
See the 2019-2021 plan.
On the Act and regulations:
- A comprehensive description of the regulatory process.
- The Guide to Canada’s Energy Efficiency Regulations.
- Amendments to the Energy Efficiency Act (2017).
On the legal documents: