Emissions Reduction Fund – Onshore Program
Supporting Canada’s onshore oil and gas sector in reducing methane emissions
The new $675M Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) – Onshore Program is helping Canadian onshore oil and gas companies invest in green solutions to continue their progress toward reducing methane emissions while facing the current economic crisis and COVID-19 pandemic.
We are committed to working together to strengthen the sector’s environmental performance and providing support during this difficult time.
While methane accounts for 43% of the oil and gas sector’s greenhouse gas (GHGs) emissions, it’s one of the lowest cost opportunities for the sector to reduce emissions.
Reducing methane is an important issue. It’s the air we breathe.
Let’s work together to transition to a greener future.
- For Canadians it means jobs, better air quality and healthier environment
- For the Industry it means greener production, reduced costs, and increased global competitiveness
What’s in it for you?
By completing this short anonymous survey, you will help us better plan for Intake period 2, open from January 18 to March 19, 2021.
- Flexible financials
- Funding: $100,000 to $20 million
- up to 75 percent of total ERF funding and up to 90 percent stacking (other sources)
- 5 year payback period after project completion
- Multiple projects accepted per application
- Enhanced networking with Clean Growth Collaboration Community
- Lower cost emissions reduction
- Maintaining jobs
- Deploying green solutions
- Transitioning to a low carbon economy
- Attracting investments
- Increasing global competitiveness
Intake period two is now open until March 19, 2021
for repayable and partially repayable contributions
Start reducing now!
Timeline graphic that shows the keys dates of the ERF Onshore Program
- October 27: ERF Onshore Program Webinar
- October 29: Request for Proposals (1) opens
- November 30: Request for Proposals (1) closing
- December: Application review and assessment
- Early 2021: Initiate contribution agreements with successful applications
- January: Request for Proposals (2)
- March 19: Requests for Proposals (2) Closing
- (Optional – if Program is not fully subscribed) Request for Proposals (3)
March 31, 2022 – All funding allocated
Participate in our Technical Information Session on January 28, from 1pm to 2pm EST
- Technical experts will be on hand to present key program details and address your questions/comments.
- Please confirm your attendance by January 27, 2021 by email to the following address: email@example.com.
Join our Clean Growth Collaboration Community group for free to connect with oil and gas companies and emission reduction clean technology providers as well as other key stakeholders critical to emissions reductions projects such as environmental specialists and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) firms to help with the application process.
Connect with us
- Date modified: