Steps to apply for the Onshore Program
A national Request for Proposals was launched on October 29, 2020 for companies to submit their proposals that support immediate reductions of methane with the deployment of clean solutions and gas conservation.
The program features repayable contributions with flexible five-year payback period options for projects that aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, as well as partially repayable contributions for projects that aim to eliminate emissions.
Intake 1 Results
- 21 applications representing 43 projects from across Canada
- almost 90% of projects aim to eliminate methane emissions and close to 10% aim to lower emissions
Stay tuned for more program results as we progress through our review process.
As of January 18, intake period 2 is now open, until March 19, 2021!
Companies can submit their proposals for projects that support immediate reductions of methane with the deployment of clean solutions.
Who can apply?
All upstream and midstream oil and/or gas sector companies with projects to reduce or eliminate routine venting of methane rich natural gas from conventional, tight and shale oil and gas operations can apply.
What projects are eligible?
- Projects eligible for repayable contributions are those that reduce methane emissions
- Projects eligible for partially repayable contributions are those that eliminate methane emissions
Each company can submit one proposal per intake period. Each proposal may include multiple projects at multiple facilities.
Read the applicant guide for more details.
Download the applicant guide
NEW: Increase in company funding limit from $20 million to $40 million
Consult the webinar
These webinars are designed to walk you through the steps of submitting your application.
- View the October 27, 2020 presentation (PDF, 1 MB)
Start your submission
When an intake period is open, all applications are accepted electronically through Integro, a secure platform on Government of Canada servers. Follow the steps below to create your account and start your submission:
Watch our video to find out how to use Integro
1. Sign up for Integro and start a submission to the Emissions Reduction Fund using this link: https://eservices.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca
2. Navigate to the Continue to GCKey button
3. Sign up, if you don’t already have an account
4. Create a username, password and recovery questions/answers
5. Accept the terms and conditions to continue to the Account Registration
6. When prompted, retrieve the confirmation code from your email
7. Your account number will be provided
8. On the left hand side select INTEGRO (Beta)
9. Register as Applicant to apply to the ERF Program
Frequently asked questions
- Date modified: