Steps to apply for the Onshore Program
The ERF Onshore Program’s Intake 3 is now closed. For more information on the status of your application, please contact the ERF Concierge Service.
Key changes to Intake 3 included:
- The Program will only consider eligible projects that fully eliminate the intentional routine venting or flaring of methane;
- The Program will apply a cost per tonne threshold to ensure value for money;
- Applicants are required to provide information on minimum funding required;
- Applicants are required to provide information on how their proposed projects surpass regulatory requirements; and
- The repayability scale is revised.
Who can apply?
An oil and gas company, or a provincial, territorial or municipal government that owns or operates an upstream and/or midstream conventional, tight, and/or shale oil and gas facility(ies) located in Canada.
What types of projects are funded?
Projects that eliminate methane emissions are eligible for partially or fully repayable contributions.
Each company can submit one proposal per intake period. Each proposal may include multiple projects at multiple facilities.
For more information on eligible projects, please consult the Applicant’s Guide (PDF, 1.87 MB).
Download the Applicant Guide
Download the Applicant’s Guide (PDF, 1.87 MB).
Download the mandatory project information template (XLSX, 71 KB).
Consult the webinar
The program’s series of webinars is now completed following the closure of Intake 3. Please direct your questions to the ERF Concierge Service for more information.
Start your submission
When an intake period is open, all applications are accepted electronically through Integro, a secure platform on Government of Canada servers.
Follow the steps below to create your account and start your submission:
Watch our video to find out how to use Integro
1. Sign up for Integro and start a submission to the Emissions Reduction Fund using this link: https://eservices.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca
2. Navigate to the Continue to GCKey button
3. Sign up, if you don’t already have an account
4. Create a username, password and recovery questions/answers
5. Accept the terms and conditions to continue to the Account Registration
6. When prompted, retrieve the confirmation code from your email
7. Your account number will be provided
8. On the left hand side select INTEGRO (Beta)
9. Register as Applicant to apply to the ERF Program
Frequently asked questions
Read the frequently asked questions for the ERF Onshore Program.
Connect with us
Have questions about project eligibility or the application process?
- Date modified: