Steps to apply for the Onshore Program
The Onshore Program was launched on October 29, 2020 for companies to submit proposals that support immediate reductions of methane emissions with the deployment of clean solutions and gas conservation.
The program features repayable contributions with flexible five-year payback period options for projects that aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, as well as partially repayable contributions for projects that aim to eliminate emissions.
Intake period 3 is open until January 7, 2022
Companies can submit their proposals for projects that support immediate reductions of methane with the deployment of clean solutions.
Who can apply?
All upstream and midstream oil and/or gas sector companies with projects to reduce or eliminate routine venting and flaring of methane rich natural gas from conventional, tight and shale oil and gas operations can apply.
What projects are eligible?
- Projects eligible for repayable contributions are those that reduce methane emissions
- Projects eligible for partially repayable contributions are those that eliminate methane emissions
Each company can submit one proposal per intake period. Each proposal may include multiple projects at multiple facilities.
Read the applicant guide for more details.
Download the applicant guide
NEW – Intake 3 features:
- program extension for 1 year
- available funding per company increased from $40M to $50M
- sliding scale adjustment for repayability portion
Download the mandatory project information template (ZIP, 45 KB)
Consult the webinar
These webinars are designed to walk you through the steps of submitting your application.
Technical information sessions are postponed until further notice. New information on sessions will come in Fall 2021.
- View the October 27, 2020 presentation (PDF, 1 MB)
Start your submission
When an intake period is open, all applications are accepted electronically through Integro, a secure platform on Government of Canada servers. Follow the steps below to create your account and start your submission:
Watch our video to find out how to use Integro
1. Sign up for Integro and start a submission to the Emissions Reduction Fund using this link: https://eservices.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca
2. Navigate to the Continue to GCKey button
3. Sign up, if you don’t already have an account
4. Create a username, password and recovery questions/answers
5. Accept the terms and conditions to continue to the Account Registration
6. When prompted, retrieve the confirmation code from your email
7. Your account number will be provided
8. On the left hand side select INTEGRO (Beta)
9. Register as Applicant to apply to the ERF Program
Frequently asked questions
Connect with us
Have questions about project eligibility or the application process?
- Date modified: