Forest sector funding programs
Federal funding programs supported by the Canadian Forest Service help diversify forest products, markets and processes to support the competitiveness of Canada’s forest sector.
- Expanding Market Opportunities Program increases market opportunities for the Canadian forest industry in offshore markets and non-residential construction and mid-rise segments in North American markets.
- Forest Innovation Program supports research, development and technology transfer activities in Canada’s forest sector.
- Green Construction through Wood (GCWood) Program encourages a greater use of wood in non-traditional construction in Canada by catalyzing a broader awareness of, and capacity for, innovative tall wood buildings, timber bridges and low-rise wood commercial buildings.
- Growing Canada’s Forests program supports tree planting projects as part of the Government of Canada’s commitment to plant two billion trees by 2030 and establishes the nature-based building blocks needed to get to net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Indigenous Forestry Initiative helps to increase the participation of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples in the Canadian economy and improve economic outcomes for Indigenous peoples throughout Canada.
- Investments in Forest Industry Transformation Program aims to support Canada’s forest sector in becoming more economically competitive and environmentally sustainable through targeted investments in advanced technologies.
- Date modified: