Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body COVID-19 Program Updates
With the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the NRCan (Natural Resources Canada) NDTCB (National Non-Destructive Certification Body) is working to ensure the health and safety of the public and our team members in accordance with all public safety guidelines. We are closely monitoring the situation and will adjust our business practices and client services rapidly as required. We remain at the ready to assist you as best as we can throughout this situation. We will keep you updated on any developments
At this time, certification processing and services are likely to be disrupted, delayed, and/or postponed. Temporary accommodations and extensions relating to initial certifications and renewals/recertifications will be provided for select candidates.
Current accommodations and extensions:
The following information is a summary of current COVID-19 accommodations and extensions implemented by the NRCan NDTCB. For full details and supplementary verification of certification status, please download and read the NRCan NDTCB COVID-19 Temporary Extension Policy Notice (PDF, 183 kb). The appropriate extension accommodations will be applied automatically (no need for candidate to submit a request) without re-issuance of the corresponding paperwork or documents. As conditions evolve, we will adjust services accordingly—temporary accommodations and extensions may be amended or applied as required. Please check our website regularly for further updates on this rapidly evolving situation. For more details, please contact our office.
Non-destructive testing (NDT) renewal and recertification
- A 24-month extension for NDT renewal and NDT recertification candidates who have certifications that expire from April 15, 2020 to December 31, 2022. This 24-month extension is applied to the current expiry date listed on your certification ID card, and the Directory of Certified Personnel.
Non-destructive testing (NDT) initial certification
- A 24-month extension for NDT initial certification candidates who have examinations in process that expired after March 15, 2020. This 24-month extension is applied to the current expiry date(s) listed on your most recent examination results letter.
Non-destructive testing (NDT) annual vision test
- A 24-month extension for NDT certificate holders who are due to complete their annual vision test requirement from March 16, 2020 to December 31, 2022.
X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analyzer operator renewal and recertification
- A 24-month extension for XRF renewal and XRF recertification candidates who have certifications that expire from March 16, 2020 to December 31, 2022. This 24-month extension is applied to the current expiry date listed on your certification ID card, and the Directory of Certified Personnel.
Exposure device operator (EDO) NRCan photo ID card renewal
- A 24-month extension for EDO photo ID cards that expire from March 16, 2020 to December 31, 2022. This 24-month extension is applied to the current expiry date listed on your EDO ID card.
Additional information about COVID-19 accommodations and extensions:
- Please note that it is important for all clients to review all the policies and conditions relating to COVID-19 accommodations and extensions.
- Certification requirements and processing that can be completed via form-filling and document submission (with mail or electronic communication) or remote access should be pursued and supported by all candidates, employers, and the NDTCB network.
- Affected candidates/certificate holders shall maintain continuity and competence in the method(s) they are certified in and must recertify and/or renew by the end of their (extended) period of validity.
- Affected candidates/certificate holders shall perform certification/renewal/recertification requirements and examinations as soon as possible, even if they are still temporarily covered by the extension period.
- The original certification expiry and validity time cycle period will be unaffected by the extension accommodation policy, the NDTCB is only providing a temporary extension for those affected.
- While at this time, the initial NDT certification process extension has a current end date of To-Be-Decided (TBD), and most candidates in process may be included in this general accommodation, we encourage candidates to complete their examinations and certification requirements as soon as possible.
- For candidates whose recertification or examination expiry dates are not covered by the current accommodations/extensions, but who may wish to submit requests for additional accommodations or review of their eligibility, we recommend that they keep all records and/or documentation related to their efforts, attempts and actions to fulfill such recertification or examination requirements. The NDTCB may request this supporting documentation for review and justification of an individual’s submission.
Contacting and communicating with the NDTCB:
At this time, we strongly advise that clients and certificate holders refrain from mailing, shipping or faxing certification-related documents and communications (if possible); we will be maintaining communication services via email and telephone. We will also not be providing in-person client services at our local office at this time. We encourage clients to provide the NRCan NDTCB with your most up-to-date personal email address and telephone number to avoid interruptions in communication.
For all telephone inquiries, please call our main telephone line: 1-866-858-0473
(Note: other NDTCB telephone lines may not be monitored at this time.)
For email inquiries, send your emails to our main inboxes listed below:
NRCan NDTCB main inbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
NRCan renewal and recertification: email@example.com
EDO written examination: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: other NDTCB email inboxes may not be monitored at this time.)
The health and safety of the public is a priority for the NDTCB—we appreciate your understanding and support.
- Date modified: