Canadian Centre for Energy Information
This year, Canada will launch the Canadian Centre for Energy Information, an independent, one-stop shop for comprehensive energy data and expert analysis. This will ensure individuals and communities have the most reliable, transparent and science-based information, as the evidence base to make informed decisions.
What will the Centre do?
The Centre will:
- compile, reconcile and integrate energy data from various Canadian sources
- make data from multiple providers available free of charge on a one-stop, user-friendly website
- work collaboratively to harmonize energy definitions, measurements and standards
- provide remote access for researchers to microdata on a secure collaboration platform
- improve the completeness, coherence and timeliness of Canada's energy information
- provide new data products, visualization tools and expert analyses in support of modeling and forecasting
Sharing Canadian energy data benefits all
Canadians benefit from comparable and consolidated energy data from across the country.
- It helps governments and industry make better decisions
- It supports higher quality research in the energy sector.
- It supports our effort to meet our climate commitments.
- It will maximize our energy advantage, by providing stakeholders with more complete and higher quality data to inform research and analysis.
Want to help shape the new Centre?
The Canadian Energy Information Portal is our very first step in bringing together Canadian energy data all in one place. Your feedback will help us improve as we build the virtual Canadian Centre for Energy Information. Tell us what you think!
- Date modified: