Emissions Reduction Fund: working together to create a lower carbon future
Canada is striving to meet its environmental commitments, rebuild the economy, and create a lower carbon economy.
Reducing methane and other greenhouse gas (GHGs) emissions in the oil and gas sector is an important part of getting there.
By working together with industry, through the new $750M Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF), we can do it.
The ERF will help onshore and offshore oil and gas companies by providing funds to invest in green solutions to reduce GHGs and retain jobs in the sector.
Infographic that shows the ERF funding allocations
$750 million for the oil and gas sectors to reduce methane and other GHGs.
Up to $675 million for the Onshore Program (Call for proposals now open) and up to $75 million for the Offshore Program.
Deploying green solutions for the reduction of methane
Advancing innovation and deploying green solutions.
Register now to receive electronic notifications for updates on the program and funding announcements, as they become available.
- Minister O’Regan Launches $750-Million Fund for Oil and Gas Companies to Reduce Methane Emissions
- Regulations respecting reduction in the release of methane and certain volatile organic compounds (upstream oil and gas sector)
- Canada’s COVID-19 economic response plan
- Cleaning up orphan and inactive oil and gas wells
- Large Employer Emergency Financing Facility (LEEFF)
- Date modified: