Collaborative Grid Innovation for Atlantic Smart Energy Communities
NB Power Corporation, Nova Scotia Power
This project will develop, deploy and pilot new distributed energy resource (DER) solutions in communities to help address climate change and build community engagement around energy consumption and energy asset ownership.
This demonstration and deployment project will advance new technologies and explore new rate designs, operational and market models, and evolve national building and energy codes. Primary components include deployment and operation of:
- Two community-scale solar installations – one with battery storage
- Six municipal/ industrial buildings with varying DER configurations
- 500-home pilot exploring load control, generation, and storage
- Smart charging municipal electric vehicle fleet
- Cyber-security approaches to secure energy systems
This project will accelerate the affordable adoption of new renewable energy solutions for Canadians by improving grid integration and combined customer and grid values. It will reduce GHG emissions and the dependency on fossil fuels, meet peak demand times in both provinces at the lowest possible cost, and network share for greater efficiency of the metered infrastructures.
- Date modified: