Forest sector funding programs
Federal funding programs supported by the Canadian Forest Service help diversify forest products, markets and processes to support the competitiveness of Canada’s forest sector.
- Indigenous Forestry Initiative helps to increase the participation of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples in the Canadian economy and improve economic outcomes for Aboriginal peoples in all parts of Canada.
- Expanding Market Opportunities Program increase market opportunities for the Canadian forest industry in offshore markets and non-residential construction and mid-rise segments in North American markets.
- Forest Innovation Program supports research, development and technology transfer activities in Canada’s forest sector.
- Green Construction through Wood (GCWood) Program encourages a greater use of wood in non-traditional construction in Canada by catalyzing a broader awareness of, and capacity for, innovative tall wood buildings, timber bridges and low-rise wood commercial buildings.
- Investments in Forest Industry Transformation Program aims to support Canada’s forest sector in becoming more economically competitive and environmentally sustainable through targeted investments in advanced technologies.
- Date modified: