National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body
NRCan NDTCB response to COVID-19 situation
With the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the NRCan NDTCB is working to ensure the health and safety of the public and our team members in accordance with all public safety guidelines. We are closely monitoring the situation and will adjust our business practices and client services rapidly as required. We remain at the ready to assist you as best as we can throughout this situation. We will keep you updated on any developments.
At this time, certification processing and services are likely to be disrupted, delayed, and/or postponed.
Temporary accommodations and extensions relating to initial certifications and renewals/recertifications will be provided for select candidates. Currently, the accommodations are:
- A 6-month extension for NDT renewal and recertification candidates who have certifications that expire from April 15, 2020 to September 15, 2020. This 6-month extension is applied to the current expiry date listed on your certification ID card, and the Directory of Certified Personnel.
- A 6 month extension for NDT initial certification candidates who have examinations in process that expire(d) after March 15, 2020. This 6-month extension is applied to the current expiry date(s) listed on your most recent examination results letter.
- A 6-month extension for NDT certificate holders who are due to complete their annual vision test requirement from March 16, 2020 to September 15, 2020.
- A 6-month extension for XRF renewal and recertification candidates who have certifications that expire from March 16, 2020 to September 15, 2020. This 6-month extension is applied to the current expiry date listed on your certification ID card, and the Directory of Certified Personnel.
- A 6-month extension for EDO photo ID cards that expire from March 16, 2020 to September 15, 2020. This 6-month extension is applied to the current expiry date listed on your EDO.
For full details and supplementary verification of certification status, please download and read the NRCan NDTCB COVID-19 Temporary Extension Policy Notice (PDF, 167 kb). The appropriate extension accommodations will be applied automatically (no need for candidate to submit a request) without re-issuance of the corresponding paperwork or documents. As conditions evolve, we will adjust services accordingly—temporary accommodations and extensions may be amended or applied as required. Please check our website regularly for further updates on this rapidly evolving situation. For more details, please contact our office.
Contacting and communicating with the NDTCB:
At this time, we strongly advise that clients and certificate holders refrain from mailing, shipping or faxing certification-related documents and communications; we will be maintaining communication services via email and telephone. We will also not be providing in-person client services at our local office at this time. We encourage clients to provide the NRCan NDTCB with your most up-to-date personal email address and telephone number to avoid interruptions in communication.
For all telephone inquiries, please call our main telephone line: 1-866-858-0473
(Note: other NDTCB telephone lines may not be monitored at this time.)
For email inquiries, send your emails to our main inboxes listed below:
NRCan NDTCB main inbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
NRCan renewal and recertification: email@example.com
EDO written examination: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: other NDTCB email inboxes may not be monitored at this time.)
The health and safety for the public is a priority for the NDTCB—we appreciate your understanding and support.
Information, applications, contact information, forms and examination guides for: 1. non-destructive testing (NDT) certification; 2. x-ray fluorescence analyzer (XRF) operator certification; and 3. exposure device operator (EDO) certification written examination.
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) manages the national program in Canada that certifies people who perform non-destructive testing (NDT).
Read about, apply for or manage your non-destructive testing certification (NDT).
Read about, apply for or manage your certification for operators of portable x-ray tube-based fluorescence (XRF) analyzers.
Find out more about NRCan's role in administering the written examination for exposure device operators who want to become certified.
Find out about which non-destructive testing and x-ray fluorescence analyzer operators are currently certified.
Application forms, supplementary forms and examination guides for all three types of certification.
Contact the NRCan National Non-Destructive Testing Certification Body.
- Date modified: