The Canadian icebreaker CCGS Louis S. St-Laurent reached the North Pole on August 21, 2016, as part of an expedition to conduct Arctic research. Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) researchers who took part in the expedition saved flags of Canada that flew above the ship on that historic day.
We are offering Canadians the opportunity to take home one of these flags!
The entry period runs from January 24 to January 26, 2017, ending at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The giveaway is open to residents of Canada 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of NRCan are not eligible.
How to Enter:
Follow our Instagram account to enter to win a flag. It’s that easy!
How to Win:
The winner of the flag will be selected at random from all eligible entries on January 27, 2017. The winner will be announced via NRCan's Instagram (@naturalresourcescanada) and Twitter accounts(@NRCan) no later than January 30, 2017.
The winner will be contacted through Instagram.
The retail value of the flag itself is approximately $5 — but the value of owning a piece of history is priceless!
Terms and Conditions:
- By entering the giveaway, all entrants agree to be bound by the rules of the giveaway and release the Giveaway Organizers and all parties associated with this giveaway from any liability with respect to the giveaway and the redemption of any Prize.
- Giveaway Organizers reserve the right to withhold the Prize or disqualify any Contestant's entry in the event that any Contestant fails or refuses to comply with these giveaway rules. If the Prize is not claimed within thirty (30) days following the announcement of the Winner, a second random draw will take place to determine a new Winner.
- By entering this giveaway, Contestants consent to the Giveaway Organizers publishing or announcing any Prize winner’s name, in future publicity, without permission of or compensation to the Contestant or any other party. This shall include unlimited reproduction, publication, use and distribution in all forms and media, and in all manners including advertising, trade, display, editorial, art, video production, exhibitions and website content.
- If for any reason, in the opinion of the Giveaway Organizers, in its sole discretion, the giveaway is not capable of running as planned or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the giveaway is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes beyond its control, Giveaway Organizers reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the giveaway including any method of entry.
- All decisions made by the Giveaway Organizers with respect to the giveaway will be final.
- Giveaway Organizers will not enter into correspondence with any Contestant except with the selected entrants and at the Giveaway Organizer's own initiative.
- Any inquiries or concerns relating to the giveaway should be addressed to Natural Resources Canada. This giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- See our Terms and Conditions to find out how Natural Resources Canada interacts with the public on social media platforms.
- Date Modified: