- 1. About
- 4. How to apply
- 7. Service Standards
- 2. Eligibility
- 5. After you apply
- 8. News and FAQs
- 3. Before you apply
- 6. Request Application Package
- 9. Contact Us
The first Request for Proposals focuses on Public Places and On-Street and is now open for applications until September 18, 2019 at 23:59 (Eastern Daylight Time). All applicants will be informed of NRCan’s funding decisions by November 2019.
Get your Application Package!
By completing the Application Package Request Form, you will automatically receive the Applicant's Guide and the Application Form.
Make sure that you can demonstrate that your Project meets all the mandatory requirements of the Program.
Mandatory Criteria: Applicants must address all of the criteria below in their Project proposals and provide supporting information requested by the Program. The description of the individual criteria below are available in the Applicant's Guide.
- The Project must:
- Increase localized charging opportunities in Public Places and/or On-Street as defined in Section 1.1 of the Applicant’s Guide;
- Include a minimum of 20 charging stations. Should the charging stations have multiple connectors where each connector can charge a vehicle and support a dedicated parking space simultaneously, each connectors can be counted as a charging station;
- The work performed must be in compliance with all applicable local codes (for example, building and electrical) and bylaws (for example, zoning and parking); and
- Charging infrastructure must be installed in a parking space clearly identified for the purpose of charging electric vehicles.
- The Project must meet the following Technology eligibility requirements:
- Be located in Canada;
- Be a permanent installation (mounted or fixed models);
- Be new and purchased equipment (not leased);
- Be for a new installation or expansion of an existing installation (not for the replacement of an existing installation);
- Be certified for use in Canada (e.g. CSA, UL, Interlink) and be commercially available;
- Include one or more of the following charging connector types:
- SAE J1772 standard plug head (Level 2 (208/240 V))
- SAE J1772 Combo (for fast-charging stations)
- CHAdeMO (for fast-charging stations)
- Other proprietary charging connector types*
- Be connected as defined in Section 1.1.1 of the Applicant’s Guide;
- To be eligible for the funding amount, each connector must be able to charge a vehicle and support a dedicated parking space simultaneously.
- * In order to be considered for funding, other proprietary charging connector types must include at least one universal charging connector (J1772, J1772 Combo, and CHAdeMO) of the same category (i.e. Level 2 or a fast-charging station) at the same Project site.
- The Project must be completed within eighteen (18) months after the receipt of the Letter of Conditional Approval.
- The Applicant must demonstrate at least 50% of secured funding of their share of the Project costs.
- The applicant must demonstrate that they engaged with the energy supplier where the Project involve charging stations that increase the Project’s site electrical load by 50 kW or more.
- The applicant must demonstrate that that they own the lands, have access to the lands or have the capacity to obtain access to the site where the Project will be built.
Earn merit points by meeting the Evaluation Criteria
Project proposals that meets all the mandatory criteria will then be reviewed and point-rated based on the following merit criteria. Each proposal will then be ranked based on the merit score.
- Project Rationale and Background;
- Project Activities and Timelines;
- Technical Details of the Project;
- Project Risks and Mitigation Measures;
- Indigenous Business Participation;
- Project Readiness (including capacity to deliver projects; project site readiness; and increased secured project financing);
- Signage and Visibility;
- Operation and Maintenance Plan; and
- Network Interoperability and Use of Open Communications Protocols.
Make sure you:
- Complete your proposal using the Program’s Application template (6. Application Package);
- Include all required supporting documents;
- Verify your proposal against the Supporting Documentation Checklist in the Application Form;
- Sign the Applicant's Attestation; and
- Submit your proposal
It is highly recommended to submit the complete application well in advance of the submission deadline (by 23:59 Eastern Daylight Time, September 18th, 2019).
Visit our FAQs to read the Frequently Asked Questions or email us at: