If you manufacture, import, export, purchase, provide, distribute for sale, transport or sell products containing or made from any of the following restricted components, you must comply with Part 20 of the Explosives Regulations, 2013:
- Ammonium nitrate in solid form at a concentration of at least 28% nitrogen
- Hydrogen peroxide at a concentration of at least 30%
- Nitric acid at a concentration of at least 75%
- Nitromethane, UN number 1261
- Potassium chlorate, UN number 1485
- Potassium perchlorate, UN number 1489
- Sodium chlorate in solid form, UN number 1495
- Potassium nitrate, UN number 1486
- Sodium nitrate in solid form, UN number 1498
- Potassium nitrate and sodium nitrate mixture, UN number 1499
For more information about restricted components, or to obtain “Protected A” guidelines, please contact the Explosives Regulatory Division, the office that administers Canada’s Explosives Act and its regulations.
Users and transporters
Learn about the rules governing users of restricted components, as well as what components are considered restricted.
Download application forms to sell restricted components and find other useful information, such as guidelines and brochures.
- Read the Ammonium Nitrate Security Plan Guideline
- Access the login for the Annual Inventory Report for Ammonium Nitrate
- Download the online Annual Inventory Report for Ammonium Nitrate
- Find the necessary forms for manufacturing, selling, transporting, exporting, importing, storing and using explosives
- Date Modified: