The Explosives Regulatory Division (ERD) is responsible for administering Canada’s Explosive Act and its regulations. Amendment to the Act contained in the Public Safety Act, 2002 included regulation-making provisions for the security of restricted components of explosives.
If you manufacture, import, export, purchase, provide, distribute for sale, transport or sell products containing or made from any of the following ten (10) Restricted Components, you must comply with Part 20 of the Explosives Regulations, 2013.
- Ammonium nitrate in solid form at a concentration of at least 28% nitrogen
- Hydrogen peroxide at a concentration of at least 30%
- Nitric acid at a concentration of at least 75%
- Nitromethane, UN number 1261
- Potassium chlorate, UN number 1485
- Potassium perchlorate, UN number 1489
- Sodium chlorate in solid form, UN number 1495
- Potassium nitrate, UN number 1486
- Sodium nitrate in solid form, UN number 1498
- Potassium nitrate and sodium nitrate mixture, UN number 1499
The Division encourages all affected stakeholders to review Part 20 of the Explosives Regulations, 2013.
- Date Modified: