- Government of Canada – Federal
- Provincial and Territorial Governments
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Industry Associations
- Climate Change
- Consumer Sites
- Publications and Film
- Research and Development
Government of Canada – Federal
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada – Analytical reports and bulletins cover alternative fuel production.
- Environment Canada – Contains section on renewable fuels.
- Farm Credit Canada – Crown Corporation provides specialized and personalized business and financial services and products to farming operations.
- Industry Canada – News announcements of public and private partnerships for alternative fuels.
- National Energy Board – Independent federal agency that regulates several aspects of Canada's energy industry.
- Transport Canada – Contains section on alternative fuel initiatives.
- Canadian Biomass Innovation Network – Coordinates the Federal Government's interdepartmental research and development activities in the area of bioenergy, biofuels, industrial bioproducts and bioprocesses.
- Canadian Transportation Fuel Cell Alliance – Federal government initiative that will demonstrate and evaluate fuelling options for fuel cell vehicles in Canada.
- CANMET Energy Technology Centre – Research and development arm of Natural Resources Canada that develops and delivers knowledge- and technology-based programs for the sustainable production and use of Canada's energy supply.
- Clean Energy Portal – Access to Canada's burgeoning environmental energy sector and up-to-date details on international climate change initiatives.
- Fuel Focus – Clear, transparent and timely information on fuel prices, oil and gasoline markets and ways to manage energy costs from Natural Resources Canada.
- Hydrogen Economy Portal – Information related to the Canadian hydrogen and fuel cell industry and relevant organizations, initiatives and events.
- Office of Energy Efficiency – Provides background and tips on fuel-efficient vehicles.
- Canada's Clean Air Act – The Act and subsequent Notice of Intent to regulate demonstrate a commitment to the establishment of short-, medium- and long-term industrial air pollution targets.
- Renewable Fuels Regulations - Background and context for the Government of Canada’s regulations on renewable fuels.
Provincial and Territorial Governments
- Alberta Department of Energy
- British Columbia Ministry of Energy Mines, and Petroleum Resources
- Nunavut Department of Environment
- Northwest Territories Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Manitoba Science, Technology, Energy and Mines
- New Brunswick Department of Energy
- Newfoundland and Labrador Ministry of Mines and Energy
- Nova Scotia Department of Energy
- Ontario Ministry of Energy
- Prince Edward Island – Environment, Energy and Forestry
- Québec Ministère des Ressources Naturelles et de la Faune
- Yukon Department of Energy, Mines and Resources
- American Coalition for Ethanol – Grassroots voice of the U.S. ethanol industry.
- Clean Vehicle Education Foundation – Coordinates and implements public awareness, education, market research, codes and standards and technology programs on alternative fuel systems.
- David Suzuki Foundation – Promotes sustainable solutions to energy needs, from renewable sources like wind and solar power.
- Pollution Probe – examines renewable fuels in Green Power section.
- Re-energy.ca – Free renewable energy project kit that explores wind energy, water energy, solar energy, biomass energy and more.
- The Biodiesel Project (PDF, 884 KB) – Community-scale biodiesel production founded by two University of British Columbia students.
- The Pembina Institute – Conducts policy research and education programs on sustainable energy, climate change, environmental governance, ecological fiscal reform, sustainability indicators, and the environmental impacts of the energy industry.
- The National Biodiesel Board – National trade association representing the biodiesel industry as the coordinating body for research and development in the United States.
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Products – provides industry facts and information.
- Canadian Renewable Fuels Association– Promotes renewable fuels for transportation through consumer awareness and government liaison activities.
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Canada – National industry association dedicated to accelerating Canada's world-leading hydrogen and fuel cell industry.
- International Association for Natural Gas Vehicles – Provides the NGV industry with an international forum and to foster growth, safety, product development and policy formation.
- Propane Gas Association of Canada – National voice for the Canadian propane industry.
- Renewable Fuels Association – National trade association for the U.S. ethanol industry.
- Alternative Fuel Route Mapper – Creates a U.S.-based map showing alternative fuel stations along the entire route and displays driving directions for the route.
- Alternative Fuels Data Center – Vast collection of information from the U.S. Department of Energy on alternative fuels and the vehicles that use them.
- American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy – Provides Green Scores on all makes of vehicles.
- Biomass Program – Program within U.S. Department of Energy that develops technology for conversion of biomass (plant-derived material) to fuels, chemicals, materials and power.
- California Air Resources Board – Site includes publications about hydrogen, fuel cells, and alternative fuel vehicles.
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy – Information from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Energy Information Administration – Official energy statistics from the U.S. government.
- International Organization for Standardization – World's largest developer of standards for products and services.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory – The United States' primary laboratory for renewable energy and energy efficiency research and development (R&D).
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – Information about clean fuels.
- Emissions Calculator – Calculates the tail pipe and greenhouse gas emission reductions from using different fuel types.
- CO2 Calculator – Find out how much CO2 your community can prevent from entering the atmosphere by cutting back unnecessary vehicle idling.
- Fuel Consumption Ratings – Compare the fuel consumption of various makes and models of vehicles for a specific model year.
- Climate Change – Information from Environment Canada.
- Climate Institute – U.S.-based non-profit that leads symposia, conferences, roundtables, and special briefings on climate change issues.
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change – International body that assesses scientific, technical and socio- economic information relevant for the understanding of climate change, its potential impacts and options for adaptation and mitigation.
- Gastips.com – User-submitted gas prices throughout Canada and the U.S.
- Grassroots Biodiesel and Vegetable Oil Fuel – Includes current discussion board on alternative fuels.
Publications and Film
- A Critical Review of Biodiesel as a Transportation Fuel in Canada(PDF, 933 KB) – Developed for Environment Canada in 1998, this report reviews the major biodiesel issues and issues recommendations.
- Contact Canada – publisher of life science guides, including material on biofuels.
- Fuel Ethanol Industry Directory – list of industry suppliers, producers, researchers and government agencies around the world.
Research and Development
- ecoEnergy Technology Initiative – $230-million investment in the research, development and demonstration of clean-energy technologies.
- Investments in Forest Industry Transformation Program - $100 million over four years for projects that implement new technologies leading to non-traditional high-value forest products and renewable energies.
- Agricultural Bioproducts Innovation Program – Increase the exploitation of Canada's natural advantage in biomass to develop new economic opportunities for agriculture.