Sale of Restricted Components
There are two types of sellers of Restricted Components, component sellers and product sellers. A component seller sells the restricted component. A product seller manufactures a restricted component product for sale using a restricted component (they do not sell a restricted component directly). All sellers must comply with Part 20 of the Explosives Regulations, 2013.
To comply, component sellers and product sellers must:
- Enroll with the Explosives Regulatory Division (ERD) to be listed as component seller or product seller, and
- Take security measures to protect supply and all related documentation from theft or unauthorized access.
In addition, component sellers must:
- Request from customers proper identification (e.g. government photo ID) and intent of use.
In addition, component sellers and product sellers of ammonium nitrate must:
- Provide the ERD Chief of Inspectors with an annual inventory report.
In addition, component sellers of ammonium nitrate must:
- Inform end users and transporter about how to protect their ammonium nitrate supply.
Additional tips for ammonium nitrate are available in the Ammonium Nitrate Code of Practice from the Fertilizer Safety and Security Council.
- Date modified: